Student visa to study abroad

Cost Of Study in Poland

Accommodation in Poland 

Student accommodation in Poland, for both exchange and degree students, is usually organized by established student housing foundations. In some university towns accommodation can also be arranged through the student unions themselves, or through regional student clubs or faculty organizations. Many towns and municipalities also have dormitories maintained by the municipal community or the educational institution.

The monthly rent varies from one study location to another, and also depending on the size and type of the student flat in question. The average monthly rent for a single room in a shared student flat ranges from approximately 160€ to 340€ (according to the 2010 SOA statistics). Single apartments or family flats are also available, but the rent rate is higher in these non-shared apartments.

Cost of Living in Poland 

You only need to bear for your living expenses, such as accommodation, food, transport and health insurance. The cost of living in Poland is approx. Euro 650 per month according to the official standards; it is difficult to say exactly how much money a student in Poland needs per month. The cost of living varies from city to city. Generally students can live on less money in smaller cities than in large cities. And, of course, the amount of money you will need greatly depends on how economically you live.

Average monthly expenses for rent and utilities

arrow Room in a student hall of residence: € 200
arrow Room in a shared flat: € 245
arrow Flat by yourself: € 315

Cost of Living in Poland 

University higher education in Poland is funded by the State through the Ministry of Education. Hence, students enrolled in regular degree studies pay no tuition fees. Universities of Applied Sciences do not charge tuition fees either, but a few institutions currently charge fees for tuition materials, etc. Although tuition fees are free, students need to pay for books and other materials, plus their accommodation and living expenses.

Poland Health Care System 

While insurance is strongly recommended for all foreign students, if you are a non-EU/EEA national, health insurance is obligatory when you are applying for your student residence permit. Without insurance, a residence permit cannot be granted.

Student healthcare for those studying at universities is offered by the Finnish Student Health Service (FSHS - in Finnish, the acronym is "YTHS").

For students enrolled at polytechnics/universities of applied sciences (UAS), healthcare is usually provided through municipal healthcare providers. You can find out more about student healthcare arrangements from your hosting Finnish UAS directly.

Please note that even though your student status enables you to use student healthcare services, this does not replace the need for valid insurance.