How to Make the Most of Your studying in France?
How to Make the Most of Studying in France
If you ever decide to study in the country, make sure you can do the following:
1. Study about the language: Though they know and understand English, the French still want to speak their local language. Most, if not all, of their schools use it as their technique for instruction. You can choose to learn the language there; however you may need to take gap year for you. To save time and money, learn the language before you leave the country.
2. Look for scholarships or grants: It is a whole lot better financially if you can find a scholarship for study in France to pay off your educational fees. You can scour for a couple before you travel and study here. Be aware of the requirements. Not every one of them is interested in non-nationals.
3. Check your credentials: There is a difference between the U.S. and, the French educational system. You may find that theirs require more credits keeping in mind the end goal to graduate. One of the recommended steps to anyone who wishes to study in France is to check his or her credentials. You can read more about the Bologna procedure or ask help from the French embassy.
4. Decide what you want to study: There are two general programs to choose from: long and short. The long program allows you to specialize in a specific area and is offered by colleges. The short program, in the mean time, is meant for students who need to work in industrial or service industry. It goes on for at most 3 years.
5. Be prepared for the less-social campus life: You might be used to social parties and night-outs here, however it is a very surprising world when you are in the country. French colleges are especially focused on their academics, and they demand highly from their students. They require you to put more hours of class work every week.
6. Prepare yourself up for the move: France is beautiful country to explore; but when you are far from your loved ones, you can easily suffer from depression, anxiety, and stress. These study abroad challanges and negative feelings can get in the way of your student life.
Whenever you are feeling down in the dumps, just talk about subliminal messages or affirmations. They have a way of changing your negative thinking to a positive one. You can also pick subliminal messages downloads and spare them as mp3s, so you can listen them anytime you like.
7. Select your school well: Colleges and universities are found everywhere. In any case, to minimize the stress, go for one that is exceptionally close where you are staying.
5 Reasons Why You Should Study in France
Job Opportunities in france
Free Education in Europe for International Students
Tips to study Abroad when you are not fluent in language